A famous tourist attraction in Dharamshala is the historical church of St. John in the Wilderness. Constructed in 1852, the church is one of the oldest in the region. It is located amidst the breathtakingly beautiful deodar forest, which makes it more popular among travelers. The enthralling Neo-Gothic style architecture and Belgian-stained glass windows, donated by Lady Elgin, adds to the attractiveness of the shrine. The churchyard is also the final resting place of Lord Elgin, who served as Governor-General and Viceroy of India from 1861 until his demise in 1863.
Back To Dharamshala