Top Tour destination in Kerala
Kerala has grabbed the topmost position among the South Indian Tour packages. This place is known for its lengthy list of places to visit and activities to do. Here is a list of all the prominent tourist attractions in Kerala. This list gives you an understanding of the top tourist destinations of this beautiful Indian state. Ensure these destinations in your itinerary before making Kerala tour bookings because these destinations are known for adventure, fun, and excitement. Read on and then let us know your interests. The good news is that our South Indian Tour Packages are customizable if you wish for. You can choose the tourist attractions in Kerala and we will customize it for you!
Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of Kerala is an amazing place to relax and feel rejuvenated. This city is known for its perfect amalgamation of rural life and contemporary lifestyle and also the places for sight-seeing and relaxation are plenty. Vacationers love scenic beaches, historical prominence and hill stations, no wonder Thiruvananthapuram is the most sought-after tourist attractions of the state!
The attractions of Thiruvananthapuram includes Ponmudi, Kovalam, Shanghumugham Beach, Aruvi Waterfalls, Akkulam Tourist Village, Veli Tourist Village, Aruvikkara Dam, Neyyar Dam & Wildlife Sanctuary, Peppara Dam & Wildlife Sanctuary, Poovar, Kowdiar Palace, Agasthyakoodam, Koyikkal Palace, Kanakakunnu Palace, Anchuthengu Fort, Napier Museum, Zoological Gardens, Vizhinjam, Thiruvallam, Paripally Gajamela, Anantha Padmanabha Temple, Attukal Bhagavathi Temple, etc. Varkala is another major attraction that lies closer to Thiruvananthapuram. A visit to Varkala cliff is going to be a fantastic experience.
Alappuzha is the favorite Kerala honeymoon destination. A network of lakes, lagoons, and freshwater rivers, Alappuzha is also referred to as “the rice bowl of Kerala” and the “Venice of the East.” Alappuzha is the most fascinating holiday spot to slow down, unwind and relax. Though famous as Kerala honeymoon destination, Alappuzha interests travelers of all kinds. The main specialties of Alappuzha include houseboat cruising, sightseeing, exploring beaches, ayurvedic spa, and delicious food are the main specialties of Alappuzha . Most Kerala tour agencies provide special Alappuzha tour packages that cover almost all major attractions of Alappuzha .
Kochi finds a place in every bucket list. The queen of the Arabian Sea brings people from faraway lands to its shores. The city provides a glimpse of the Anglo-Indian connection. The well-maintained remnants from the past, the cafes, architecture, palaces, beaches, backwaters, and the famous fishing nets invoke interest in every kind of travelers. Athirapally waterfalls lie closer to Kochi and a drive through the thick forest is exciting as well.
If your interests lie with shopping, hogging and exploring, check Kerala tour bookings and ensure your seat for Kochi sightseeing.
Munnar is a natural beauty in all its glory. The panorama of cloud-kissed mountain peaks, mist covered valleys, green carpets like tea plantations and rich wildlife make this hill station a destination that cannot be missed! A drive through Munnar provides you with exceptional experiences. Travel lovers glorify the climate, landscape, wildlife spotting, waterfalls and greenery of this hill-town. Silent Valley, Devikulam, Pazhathottam, Kanthalloor, Top station- Vattavada, Chinnar, Mattupetty, Eravikulam, Chinnar, Marayoor are the major sightseeing spots in Munnar. Endangered species- Nilgiri Tahr and Neelakurinji which blooms once in 12 years are major specialties of Munnar. You can know more about Munnar and its attraction and click on Kerala tour bookings for a fascinating vacation.
Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
A true natural wonder located in Thekkady, the glorious Periyar Tiger Reserve is spread across 777 square kilometers. A home for a wide range of wildlife including more than 2000-odd elephants, sambars, bison, langurs, the magnificent tiger and an interesting range of birds from hornbills, cormorants, the Nilgiri wood pigeon and more. The boating through the 26-square-kilometer long artificial lake is a rare experience too. In and around the sanctuary, there are plenty of shops where you can take a stroll to explore jungle products, spices, and other medicinal plants too.
A trip to Kerala is incomplete without a visit to the Wayanad. Bordering with Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, Wayanad is a strikingly beautiful town set on the backdrop of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. This nature-blessed land is like a painting that opens a beautiful canvas in front of you. Wayanad rests on the lap of western ghats crowned with mountains, green woods, wild animals, waterfalls and more. If you are clueless about Wayanad and its geography then planning a trip is difficult. You can depend on Kerala tour agencies to make this easier for you. Places to visit in Wayanad are plenty, to name a few include Edakkal caves, Soochipara waterfalls, Banasura Sagar dam, Chembra Peak, etc.
Best Time To Visit
Kerala has three main seasons; summer, monsoon, and winter. However, tourists plan their visit around the year.
- High season: The peak season of Kerala falls between September and March. During this time the weather is pleasant as the humidity and the heat is reduced. Winter season is during November and January, this is the ideal time to enjoy the clear sky and to cruise through the backwaters of Alappuzha and Kumarakom.
- Off-season: The summer season is during April and May. During this period the humidity and heat are high. This is not the ideal time to explore beaches, backwaters or cities. Even hiking and trekking during this season are dangerous. Visiting Wayanad and Munnar are the main choices in this season, as the climate will be cool and calm in the mountain regions.
- Ayurveda season: June, July, and August, the monsoon period is perfect for Ayurvedic therapy. The temperature during this period favors Ayurvedic massage and follows the recommended diet chart.
How To Reach
- By air: Kerala has four international airports that connect with the rest of the country. The airports, Kochi, Kozhikode, Kannur and Thiruvananthapuram has flights operated by the major international and national airlines with flights to either of the cities. Emirates Airlines, Etihad, SriLankan, Malaysia Airlines Qatar Airways, aside from Air India, Vistara, AirAsia, GoAir and each have flights from Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Doha, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Kuwait to Kerala.
- By rail: The major railway stations in Kerala include Shoranur Junction Railway Station, Ernakulam Junction Railway Station, Kannur Railway Station, Kollam Junction Railway Station, and Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station.
- By road: State-run buses connect Kerala with its neighboring states. The government-run buses and individual-owned Volvo AC seater, sleeper and multi-axle buses are available to reach Kerala from other parts of the country.