No wonder Kerala is rightly called ‘God's Own Country', as you will find a bit of all shade of climate here! Whether you want to enjoy the icy cool hills, the countryside calmness, the coastline winds, or the clear waterfalls, you can truly enjoy all this in Kerala. Today, this Southern state of India is known to be one of the favorite spots for tourists from all over the world.
You can get a feel of the ice-capped mountains, the plush tea gardens, the romantic boathouse rides, and even adventurous hikes in forests and other forest reserves in the state. The tourist trips are affordable, safe, and most of all – you will have reliable guides who give an overview of the place, its history, and also stunning places where you can indulge in some local shopping and also try out some of the lip-smacking local cuisines.
Kerala in itself is loaded with greenery, making it a hotspot for those who are looking for ecotourism venues. It is a haven of flora and fauna within a technological and fast-moving breed of adaptable people. The culture is welcoming and the locals love to share their experiences of Kerala living in its true, holistic sense. On the environmental front, the state is doing its bit to harness natural resources and one major example for this would be the world-famous Cochin International Airport. They executed one of the largest solar energy operated airports in the world, and it is a masterpiece of renewable energy in itself.
Do you know the best time to visit Kerala?
Well, since this is a state with a tropical climate, you will experience two monsoon shower seasons in a year. One is predominantly the monsoon between June – August (and that is the heavy one) and the other is between October- November (relax, guys, that is pretty calm, showery- so it is cool to experience). Otherwise, on the whole, the state is sunny, humid, and it has pleasant windy days too. The higher altitudes like Thekkady are cool, misty, and great for honeymoons, or if you would like to sit back and just enjoy the serene village life of rural Kerala.
|Duration||:||7 Days , 6 Nights|
|Destinations||:||Alappuzha, Kanyakumari, Kochi, Kovalam, Munnar, Thekkady, Trivandrum|
|Includes||:||Transfers, Accommodation, Breakfast, Sightseeing|
|Policies||:||Read more about our Tour Booking and Cancellation Policies .|
Itinerary customization is available.
1. Arrival At Kochi Airport / Ernakulam Railway Station
- Destination Trip Planned: Kochi – The Queen Of Arabian Sea
- The Munnar Drive: Once you land in Kochi, our representative will be there to greet you and escort you from Cochin airport. Then you can enjoy the luxury of a great road drive to Munnar – which is a long 5-hour on-road experience.
- Valara and Cheeyapara: You can stop by to watch various tourist destinations like Valara and Cheeyapara. They are wonderful, pleasant waterfalls for tourists who love to experience the fresh water and also indulge in some small-time trek sessions. Make sure you wear clothing and shoes for the same.
- What makes these waterfalls special is that they transcend down in a gradual seven tier water formation, which is indeed a sight that one should witness. Take videos and have the joy of sharing these places with your loved ones. A quick snack session is also opted for at this waterfall, and hence many tourists love this picnic location too.
- The Spice Garden: After some watery fun, next our representative will head straight to the world of sweet smells that would leave you addicted to them – The Spice Garden. Make a visit, and purchase a couple of samples. These spices are the treasures of Kerala, making them the precious traditional merchandise in the past. Inhale them in their rawest form, add it to your cuisine and see the warmth it brings to your mind and body.
- Rest at Hotel: Last, the first day can wind up as we head to the hotel and have a good rest.
2. Munnar Sightseeing
- Munnar: Start off the day with some local, tasty breakfast at the hotel. Then head off to see the natural locations in Munnar.
- Mattupetty Dam: Head off for an eventful night, as you tread onto the area of the Mattupetty Dam. Its historical value is known to many, and the massiveness and traditional architecture will show – the culture, and lifestyle that existed once in these areas.
- Echo Point: Just as the name suggests, you release an echo, and you get a lovable echo back. It is pure fun and that is purely due to the hilly tops, the misty landscapes, and the high altitudes that help the echo to sound magical.
- Eravikulam National park: The land of exotic flora and fauna, the tropic hues of weather, the chirps, the color gradients that nature has to offer, are something too mesmerizing for the naked eye to enjoy. Enter this haven of nature once, and you will understand why this place is known to be blessed by God in every sense.
- Top Station: A serene location that is just about 35 kilometers from Munnar and is ironically labeled as the Kashmir of South India. Those who love to see the famous Neelakurinji flowers should arrange to squeeze some time into this divine location.
- Settle for the night: You can wind up by night time, after a tiring day.
3. Thekkady Sightseeing
- Thekkady: After a lovely breakfast and a good night’s sleep., the third day would commence with a trip to Thekkady. After a long drive, you can check in to the hotel by 12 at noon.
- Extra leisure activities: If you like in the evening you can set out for leisure activities and the costs would have to be met separately on your own. Some of the common activities are wildlife sighting, Elephant Ride, Jeep Safari, and enjoying some first-hand experience of Kathakali, Kalaripayattu, etc.
- Wind up: You can wind up for the night in the hotel.
4. Thekkady To Alleppey
- Alleppey: On the fourth day, we will show you the beauty of low lying water, paddy fields, and simple village life, and that simply put together – will take you to Alleppey.
- Houseboats: Once you reach Alleppey, probably by noon, enjoy the time in a houseboat, a welcome drink, and the local courtesy in its finest form by the houseboat team.
- Vembanad Lake: This houseboat will involve a lazy boat ride in the Vembanad Lake and we will arrange an authentic, Kerala lunch with many dishes – it will be vegetarian. Have a taste of the blend of spices, sweet, sour, coconuts, and the brown rice that speaks so much about Kerala.
- Snack Time: The boat ride is soothing for the eyes and also is a feast for the foodie lover in you. During the trip over the extensive lake, there would be few stopovers, where you can enjoy local snacks,m fresh tea, and some sight of the river ambiance.
- Sunset: By sunset, the eventful ride will come to a close. You can get down from the houseboat and make way to a great candle night dinner and enjoy sleep right here. An experience that will remain in your hearts for a lifetime.
5. Alleppey To Kovalam
- Kovalam: The fifth day would mean a road ride to another place known for its rich heritage – Kovalam.
- Hotel Check-in: Once you reach Kovalam, check-in the hotel and freshen up.
- Local Sight and shopping: The rest of the day can be spent enjoying visiting the local shops, cuisines and checking the nearby local places of interest.
- Hotel stay: rest for the night at the hotel.
6. Kanyakumari Day Visit (Optional)
- Kanyakumari: The trip gets more exciting on the sixth day and this would be a trip to Kanyakumari. After breakfast and a road rise, you would reach Kanyakumari by mid-morning or rather before noon.
- Destinations: Here, we will be taking you to a lot of notable tourist destinations like the Vivekananda Rock, Kanyakumari Devi Temple, shopping at the local shops, and enjoying the iconic sunset of the place.
- Return: From here, we will get you back to Kovalam.
7. Trivandrum Sightseeing And Drop
- Trivandrum: On the last day, after breakfast, and a 14 kilometers ride, you will reach the capital of Kerala – Trivandrum.
- Places of attraction: Here, there are some must-visit places like the Padmanabha Swamy Temple, Museum, Art Galleries, the famous Shanghumugham Beach and enjoy a taste of the local cuisine too.
- Back to Airport/ Railway: Once the sightseeing is over, we will drop you back at the Trivandrum Railway station/Airport as per your trip.
ATHIRA V.A says:
We had the most memorable family tour with Funday holidays. We enjoy It very much and The Package is really nice.