Kerala is a synonym for backwaters and lagoons. Most holiday-seekers from far and near flock to Kerala to engross in the glory of backwaters. Experiencing the beauty and tranquility of backwaters is exciting. Considering these aspects, we have a custom-designed budget-friendly backwater package to help you explore the backwaters of Alappuzha, Kumbalangi, and Kochi at ease. Alappuzha, as you know, is famous for houseboat cruising through the backwaters enjoying Kerala delicacies.
Besides, the beaches and architectures of Alappuzha need special mention. The next destination Kumbalangi has a surprising amount of marine life, mangroves, and Chinese fishing nets. Kumbalangi visit becomes special as you explore Kalagramam and enjoy homestay, learning the village life in the best possible way. The last stop Kochi otherwise known as the Queen of the Arabian sea has got everything to make your tour appealing. In a nutshell, the main attraction of this package is sightseeing and relaxation; unavoidable to define a holiday!
All in all, this package sets the vacation mood right and suitable for you!
Itinerary customization is available.
1. Houseboat Cruise on Alappuzha Backwaters
- We will pick you from Cochin International Airport or nearby railway station and then proceed to Alappuzha. At around, noon, we check into the House Boat. Here begins your day 1 sightseeing. The boat will take you around Vembanad lake and as you cruise along, you will stop at various places for photo sessions and sightseeing. Authentic Kerala Lunch, tea/coffee with special snacks and dinner ( vegetarian and non-vegetarian) will be served inside the houseboat.
- By night, the boat will stop at the banks. Overnight stay in the boat.
2. Alappuzha Sightseeing
- Following breakfast, we will complete the check-out procedures and then proceed for sightseeing. There are many temples, churches/basilicas in and around Alappuzha that are famous for their historical and architectural importance.
- After enjoying a visit to the renowned Alappuzha market, we will enjoy beach time. Now, return to the hotel for a good night’s sleep
3. Kumbalangi fishing village
- Today we will go to Kumbalangi fishing village. On your way will stop at Marari Beach. Feel the serenity of Marari beach and then we will drive to Kumbalangi Tourist Village.
- There are plenty of attractions including the local food, backwaters, and Chinese fishing nets. After exploring and enjoying the warmth of Kumbalangi go-ahead for an overnight stay.
4. Kochi Sightseeing
- After breakfast, proceeds to Kochi. Today’s sightseeing includes stroll through Jew Street, Synagogue and Dutch Palace visit, Chinese Fishing nets, St. Francis Church and Santa Cruz Basilica visit, etc. By evening we will drop you at the Airport / Railway station.
- Here ends your backwater package tour!