The world's largest concrete bird statue lies on a hill rock at 1000 ft at Chadayamangalam town in Kollam district. The Jatayu statue symbolizes women’s honor and safety. Jatayu Earth's Center lies in sprawling in 65 acres of landscape that includes valleys, lush green forest, rugged hilltops, etc.
The Jadayu para statue is the brainchild of the acclaimed filmmaker Mr. Rajiv Anchal. He envisioned the grand statue based on the story from the epic Ramayana. It is believed that the great Jatayu warrior fought till his last breathe to save Sita from Ravan. Ravan used his sword to cut off its wings and Jatayu fell on the rock hill which later came to be known as Jatayu para.
Jatayu Earth's Center offers you a wholesome experience of technology, culture, adventure, nature, and mythology. The center offers entertainment activities in four different hills at Jatayupara
Jatayu Rock Hill
The rock hill is the abode of the world’s largest bird statue. The Jatayu statue holds 15000 sq ft of interior space that hosts a five-storied Audio-Visual museum, and a multi-dimensional theatre inside the wings. The museum and the theatre will display the legendary story of the Jatayu warrior who relentlessly fought to save Sita. Both the museum and theatre are under construction. You can also visit the Lord Rama temple in the adjacent compound where you can see the marks of Lord Rama's feet. The whole facility is powered by solar panels and a rainwater reservoir is built with a capacity of 1.5 million liters of water.
Enjoy the picturesque valleys surrounded by lush green forest while traveling in the cable car. Glide among the clouds and soar like a bird.
Adventure Rock Hill
If you are an outdoor person and adventure junky, then the adventure rock hill provides 15 activities filled with adventure you seek for. Enjoy team-building activities like bouldering, jumaring, commando net climbing, valley crossing, etc. Enjoy the one-hour long trek through the beautiful forested area and rugged terrain. During the one-hour trek enjoy paintball.
Elephant Rock Hill
Camp out on the hills with your family and enjoy a moonlight dinner while dancing your heart out around the campfire. The camping grounds are currently not open to the public.
Kitchen Rock Hill
Relax your mind, body, and soul by getting enrolled for a rejuvenating traditional Siddha massage. The Siddha centers are future projects which will be accommodated in natural caves. Enjoy the bird’s eye view of the beautiful landscape by hiring a Heli Taxi at affordable prices.
Visit Jatayu para is one of the must-visit tourist attractions in Kerala for its uniqueness.
Jatayu Para timing and Fees
- Jatayu Earth Centre entry fee – Rs 400/person + Tax
- 15 Adventure Activities (10 AM To 4 PM) – Rs.1000/-
- Trekking and Paintball (Afternoon Session 3 PM to 6.30 PM ) – Rs.1300/-
- 15 Adventures Activities and Trekking (10 AM to 6.30 PM) – Rs.1500/-
- 15 Adventures Activities and Paintball (10 AM to 4 PM) – Rs.1800/-
- All Activities, Paintball and Trekking (10 AM to 6.30 PM) – Rs.2300/-
- Full-Day Activities (10 AM to 6.30 PM) -Rs.3500/-
Distances to Jatayu Earth Center
- Railway Station nearby – Varkala – 27 Km
- City Near – Kollam(Quilon) – 38 Km
- Distance From Capital City Of Kerala – 50 Km
- Trivandrum International Airport – 52 Km
- Kochi To Jatayu Earth's Center – 160 Km
- Cochin International Airport To Jatayu Earth's Center – 184 Km